POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle city mark 3 : Re: Crackle city mark 3 Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:30:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle city mark 3
From: DJ Wiza
Date: 19 Mar 2002 01:02:04
Message: <3c96d45c@news.povray.org>
I'd like the source as well, but really just so I can render it in 1024x768
AA +AM2 +R3 and use it as my desktop.  Or you could render it like that for
me so I don't have to.

I wrote a macro for creating approximations for isosurfaces that basically
generates a 3D grid of boxes, useful for isosurfaces that require high
max_gradients, however, to use a detail level high enough to get any good
use out of it creates rather high parsing times.  Plus, POV-Ray then takes a
long time creating the bounding slabs when it churns out a few hundred
thousand boxes.  It needs lots of optimizations.

-DJ

--
Remove the TRIMBRAKES to reply.